In this episode of LAB Radio, Aaron Mangal discusses the Coinigy platform with Derek Urben, CFO of Coinigy, headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
This service provides a cross-exchange charting, portfolio management, trading, and research platform stretches across over 45 exchanges with 75+ technical indicators all under a single pane of glass interface.
On the alerts side of things, you can trigger SMS, E-Mail and in-browser price alerts to your customized parameters powered by low-latency data feeds. (E.g. Bitcoin alert when it goes up or down at least 20%)
Derek Urben, CFO at Coinigy
In addition, they allow instant access to real-time APIs and historical data and there’s the ability to leverage enterprise-grade data feeds for individuals and institutions.
Using a monthly subscription model, the platform allows users a wide cornucopia of data sets and access to exchanges including the possibility to execute trades through a secure Application Programming Interface (API).
The API is live, real-time data powered by the Coinigy CryptoFeed™. This API stretches across 41 exchanges, 3,516 markets and 3.468 cryptocurrencies.
After listening to this episode you will learn:
- About Derek’s origin story and how he got started in the Cryptocurrency space
- Who the users of the platform are
- Why they don’t hold user funds
- The emergence of just about anything “as a service”
- Why the membership subscription model was chosen
- Basic security practices and architecture behind the platform and how it protects users
- Why APIs are a common practice along with cloud computing for traditional trading houses
- About their research arm and the types of information they aggregate
- How they position as an aggregator allows a non-biased exploration of the ecosystem
- Why the future of firms, mergers and private equities will shift dramatically
Further Reading and Resources
- Derek on LinkedIn
- Coinigy website | Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter
- API Documentation
- Coinigy Insights
Derek discusses the platform: